Tuesday, 6 June 2017

New Book Is Remotely Interesting

My new book is finished!

"Remotely Interesting" is a quiz book featuring over 50 all-new quizzes, this time on the subject of television. There's something for everyone from ALF to Z Cars, Brian Cox to Brian Griffin, Good Morning Britain to Newsnight, taking in the full TV experience from the opening theme tune to closing credits.

I've spent a long time researching, writing and editing this book to make sure it has appeal to both telly obsessives and casual viewers who fancy something to liven up that boring, ill-advised family holiday to Penge.

This is the third of my "Your Starter For Ben" quiz range and fans of my work will hopefully recognise and appreciate the comic tone running throughout particularly with longer form pieces such as a round about TV shows with video game spin offs or several encounters with Donald Trump's Twitter feed spouting off on any programme he's not currently in. Its a creative, funny book unlike any on the market today.


Here's a few of the highlights:

- Look back at the best days of your life now long gone with "Great Telly Years" rounds on 1977, 1981, 1990 and 1969;

- There's Probably Definitely True Facts About... The Simpsons, Doctor Who, soap operas and series finales;

- Guess the subjects of invariably mad real letters to the Radio and TV Times;

- Donald Trump's Presidential Tweets on programmes past and present;

- Remembering when stars switched channels in When They Went To Thames At The End;

- Were these TV spin-off video games real? Hit start;

- Go beat with the many TV appearances of The Fab Four Beatles Band;

- 'Netflix and keeping our hands where I can see them' with the non-TV TV revolution;

- Preparing for the end of the world with post-apocalypse programming;

- Can you guess the show from the Eight Word TV Tango?;

- A foreword by TV Clangers Expert Tim Worthington;

AND MUCH MORE on the likes of robots, catchphrases, theme tunes, live TV, game show rounds, spin-offs, telly books, memorable bosses, foreign types, breakfast programmes, American remakes, TV mothers, kids shows, booze and a bunch of Christmas stuff for good measure at the back!


How do you get this fantastic new book? Well right now, I'm just looking for a show of support who'd like to actually pre-order a copy. I'd like to offer something a bit different with this one and handle the deliveries myself whilst adding in bonus rewards in both physical and digital form. At the moment I'm looking at badges, posters, PDFs of my entire back catalogue and access to my 15+ years of podcasting archives. Possibly some new recorded stuff too.

To entice you further, here's a 34 page preview of the book:

Interested? Please let me know on Twitter @ThatBenBaker or via my regularly updated Facebook news page here: https://www.facebook.com/thatbenbaker/ (You could give it a like too!) Likewise, anything you'd specifically want as a bonus thing? Give me a shout. Cost should be between £5 and £10 max depending on what extras I end up selling.

Don't be silent and assume everyone else will speak up if this seems like something you'd want. I don't have the money to order stock I don't need so please understand that yes, I'm doing this to make a few quid but its not going to make me rich. Its just something I have a passion for so wanted to make and a nice unique gift that anyone with a passing interest in the telly should enjoy.

Thank you.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment