Thursday 7 July 2016

QUIZ: World Of The News

This week sees the 127th anniversary of the first issue from America's largest circulated newspaper, The Wall Street Journal, known best in the UK from such classic film lines as "Vice President! Fetch me my Wall Street Journal!", "Hey buddy, I'm reading my Wall Street Journal here!" and "Why don't you come up and see me and bring a Wall Street Journal with you sometime?" But for me as a bit of a font nerd, the most interesting thing about the WSJ is this...

Do you see it? Go on, have another look. Yes, the Wall Street Journal is bizarrely the only newspaper of note to have a bloody full stop in the title! A small visual point that makes it instantly recognisable and beloved to its daily U.S. readers. But how well would you recognise British newspaper logos, especially when reduced to the smallest features. Sounds like a quiz to me...

Which thirteen UK newspapers are represented here? 


Oh, did that spell some words? Completely accidental I assure you. 

Have I got some of the answers for you (yes)...


And now a word from our sponsor:

No comments:

Post a Comment