Tuesday 26 April 2016

QUIZ: Profoundly In Love With Pandora

I was recently in the three by two foot section WHSmith has left allocated for magazines next to the chocolates, cards, Kobo Readers, board games and novelty musical socks. (You know, just next to the internal Post Office and the fourth KFC.) Anyway, it was there I noticed a new copy of Kerrang! magazine, a periodical I read faithfully between the years 1995 to 2001 and had assumed folded the minute I stopped reading it because music was not as good as it used to be.

Amazingly it was full of new bands I'd never heard of in my befuddled 35 year old state. All Time Low? Pierce The Veil?? I. Ron Maiden? WHO?!? Where were the likes of Symposium, Midget, Tampasm and Kittie? The only face I seemed to recognise on a cursory glance over was actually a drawing: Pandora, Ray Zell's excellent snarky rock star dismisser who had taken down all the bands of my reading era. Not that I had a clue which current rock star she was presently snarking at but it was good to see her carrying on nonetheless.

And so I wondered if any of the old strips were online and - would you adam and Eve 6 it - there's a whole archive!! You can guess the next bit...

Which various musical types is Pandora graciously allowing in her strip below? Answers after Continuum...

 © RAY ZELL

No comments:

Post a Comment